Saturday, 3 August 2013

Homeward bound

Travelled back to Lilongwe yesterday and checked in last night at the lodge where I spent my first few weeks when I first arrived. All the old staff were there and it was almost like seeing family again - so lovely to see them all. Thankfully they had one last space for me to stay and put me in one of the very best rooms at a good rate. I felt so lucky and after dinner managed to soak away the fatigue from the journey with a nice hot bath followed by the most wonderful sleep.

Last full day in Malawi today (Saturday). Just went for a walk round the corner to get the weekend newspaper and bought the palm leaf fruit bowl that I asked a man to make for me before I left Lilongwe a few weeks ago. So, now everything is all sorted ready for my return. Will just spend today doing a bit of work here and there on my computer and taking it easy in these lovely now familiar surroundings.

No comments:

Post a Comment